samedi 6 septembre 2008

First Blog - stopped smoking


In some ways, quite up to date with technology ... in other ways absolutely lost. So here we go. I'm not so sure where I want to go with this blog, but it's about time I began to write again. Been too long. At the same, I just stopped smoking. All my senses are coming back to me. Taste, feel, smell, sexual stimulation. It's all in a rush.
Wait let me go get another glass of wine ...
That's better. Just discovering the new wine stores in my neighborhood.
So I stopped smoking a little over a week ago (calm down ... calm down nobody is looking ... nobody cares what you're writing) and little by little my senses are coming back.
But I've said that ... shit
Sirens waving in the background
Head is not spinning but nodding
Toasted bread ... radish and fennel sprouts ... smoked trout
The flavors are simple, don't add a thing. Not salt, no butter. The sprouts give a lightness yet with a surge of flavor over the fatty savory of the fish.
a glass of red wine ....
smooth and berry flavored with points of what ?
That slightly oystery flavor I find in red wines sometimes. Not really oysters, but it's the closest word that I can come up with. Rinses and fills my taste buds. Have I ever tasted wine before?
Back of the mouth tingling. Lines of nerves from my eyebrows ... circling around to the back of the neck.

Aucun commentaire: